Growing up in the Silicon Valley, technology is definitely not something new or foreign for me. However, technology for the hospitality industry? That is definitely something quite unfamiliar. Just doing the Qualtrics course (which I have yet found out where exactly the comprehensive quiz was on the website in which I had to just search up "Qualtrics survey course comprehensive quiz"), it got me quite nervous for the rest of the HMD 226 course.
Having been managing a bakery for the past 7 months really has taught me a lot about all the technology that we have available for us. However, it's the matter of whether you learn to use it or not. All of these websites and apps can make our jobs a lot easier. Although these are very basic computer apps that are not at all catered to the hospitality business, from my time at the bakery, I have used to learn Excel and Dropbox in a lot more detail than I had before.
As for the things that I want to learn from this class, I really would like to know more than just things such as Excel, Dropbox, Google Docs, and other basic technologies. I want to learn about the technologies that are going to make me stand out as a job applicant because I know how to use programs that make managing an establishment more efficient.
I think the Qualtrics Survey lessons were really helpful (but also quite tedious and a bit confusing because of all the different functions). I know I definitely need to familiarize myself with the program before I tell my future potential employers that I am able to make detailed surveys but it really does bring you a level higher being able to perform tasks like that.
This is an video that shows the awesome technology that Dell and Hilton have partnered to create for the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SMiBP4R-YU
No comments:
Post a Comment