Friday, July 22, 2016

Pit Stop #2: Intro of Myself

Hello! My name is Jessica Pai and I'm going to be a second year hospitality major with a concentration in restaurant management. I'm an aspiring chef who loves doing both savory foods as well as pastries. I currently manage a bakery by Chinatown.

My passion for food as well as service started at a very young age when I helped my mom make her famous "peanut butter mayo sandwiches." Yes, everyone at the picnic gave her a weird face when she first told them what they were. However, the weird faces turned into content smiles as soon as they took their first bites into the sandwiches. That was the moment that I knew that I wanted to be a chef when I grew up. I absolutely adore the fact that with all the ingredients in the world, you can be as creative as you want and can literally make a "bajillion" different dishes. 

I started working in the food industry when I was a sophomore in high school. My first real job was in a catering kitchen. At Andro's Rostilj, we catered start-up company lunches. Because we were based in the Bay Area, and new start-ups were popping up here and there, our client base grew very fast. We made meals that were of different cuisines every single day; some days we made Italian, some days Mexican, some Chinese, and some American. I absolutely LOVED this job. I loved the people that I worked with, the people that I served, as well as the job itself. The bosses here really knew how to treat their employees as well as their clients well. 

My dream is to one day open a Taiwanese-Mexican (or Taiwanese-American) fusion restaurant of my own. And when I do, I want to create the job environment that I had at Andro's. Customer satisfaction is my very top priority. I want to make sure all my guests leave my restaurant happy and want to return the second that they walk out the door because of my food as well as my workers. Right next to customer service, my second top priority is going to be employee treatment. Happy employees lead to happy customers and it is important for me that both of them are happy. 

Below is a copy of my resume...




No comments:

Post a Comment