IT, Information Technology, is essentially the technology that processes information for a company or organization. Before learning about IT in this class, I always just thought it was the person in a school or company that fixes the internet problems or whatever problem that is technology related. However, IT is way more than just that. In terms of the hospitality industry, IT includes all the data of an establishment's guests that is stored in the database.
I thought that the Generation Like video was really interesting and very true and relevant to today's society. I definitely see a lot of advertisement that are done through social media as well as social media stars. A few of the YouTubers that I watch often come out with "sponsored videos" where they talk about how great a product is and encourage their fans to buy it with their promo code that was provided to them by the company. I believe that this is really a great way to advertise products.
Going off of the Generation Like video, I think the hospitality industry should take more of a advantage of this trend or phase that we're going through of following what these famous internet stars are doing. I'm thinking more for restaurants (but would work for hotels as well). A restaurant can invite the social media star (and their friends) over for a meal on the house and have them film their whole experience there and talk about it. I think this would be a really great way to get your restaurant's name out there. Just like a wildfire, information online spreads FAST, especially with popular stars with very loyal fans.
No comments:
Post a Comment